Wednesday, August 24, 2011

15 months of PURE love

Seriously.

Seriously?

Where has the time gone? We are already into Griff's second year. Seriously?

Time is a flyin'!

I do just ADORE this age. So much understanding, direction-taking, temper-tantrum throwing chaos that it makes me want to freeze time. Griffin is just the cutest kid in the world, right alongside his sissy, allowing me to have the honor of being the mom to the cutest kids in the world (I realize, ALL of us moms hold that honor ;) )

We had Griffin's 15 month well-visit last week and he is truly such happy and healthy little guy. Doc mentioned how much she loves when we come in b/c he lights up her day (Again, I realize she probably says that to everyone, but I just NEED to feel special!)

Stats:
23lbs. 4 oz. (32%)
31 in. (47%)
head, 18.5 (45%)

No vax, as he had a runny nose, she said he sounds fine, but come back in 2 weeks just to be safe.

Diet:
I had concerns about him still spitting up and it smells like vomit, and it happens at least once a day. I inquired about a lactose intolerance, since we know he isn't allergic to dairy from testing when he had the wheezing episodes. She confirmed that he could have an intolerance and not be allergic. So we are trying almond and/or coconut milk for now to see if that helps. We are on week two of being on almond milk, his milk of choice, and the spitting up is SO. MUCH. BETTER.

As far as foods, he is a great eater, as long as it's something he likes. He still won't have much to do with anything green (except avocado), but we just keep putting it on his tray. He loves nut butters, fruits, granola, and usually just about anything we eat for dinner. Not a big spicy fan, though.

Milestones:
At the Pediatrician's office, I also wondered about talking and vocabulary. She asked how many words and I can only name 3, which she said is right on track. However, signs and animal sounds count, as well, so he has more like 10. She was impressed with his extensive knowledge of animal sounds, lol. She said at 18 months they look for at least 5 words. So no sweat there, phew!

As far as clear, consistent words with direct meaning, he went from nodding his head to saying "yeah". I'm a little embarrassed that he says "yeah" and not yes, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. We'll address that later?.....

He'll cry out for "mama" when he is sleepy in his bed, but I don't get it on a regular basis. He lives for everything daddy right now, LOVES seeing his picture and pointing out "dada", so those are the three consistent words. He has said others, but not everyday.

Sleep:
Griffers consistently sleeps through the night and has been for awhile. It's so nice and refreshing for everyone. He is down to one nap a day for about 2-2.5 hours. Some days he could use two naps, still, but I remember that's how the whole transition goes. He wakes up around 7:00-7:30; naps at about 1:00ish; and goes down for the night at about 7:00ish.

Clothing:
He is in 18-24 month clothes, with a few 12-18 monthers still in the mix. Since his height and weight gain have slowed down since being mobile, he isn't in the much bigger sizes now, like when he was a babe.

Overall, he's such a healthy, happy boy who flirts with anyone who'll give him an ounce of attention. Such a love.








No comments: