Monday, May 16, 2011

Behavior Management Chart

The other day Ava decided that she wanted a hula hoop. I told her that she could sure earn her way to getting one. She drew up a plan in her head as to how she would get the hula hoop. A "calendar" as she called it. It will have a picture of the hula hoop in the middle with squares around it to try to earn x's for a good attitude.

I really just pulled the "oh, that's a good idea" and "uh huh....great!".

To my surprise when we got home, her mental blueprint came to life and she created her own behavior management chart. She asked me, I had nada to do with this chart, if I would draw the pictures of what she wanted to work on.....hands for no hitting, feet for no kicking (yes, we've got some physical behavior to curb), smiley face for a good attitude, etc.

She really wants to earn that hula hoop, so we'll see....