Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Ava

March 4, 2011

Happy, happy birthday my sweet girl!


You were shocked this morning to wake up to the balloons covering your bedroom floor, streamers hanging on your doorway and the fireplace decorated just for you! Here are some pictures from our morning celebration. We then went to get a special sprinkle donut for breakfast.











There is so much to love about you at 4 years old!
I love your questions and inquisitions. You are just so insightful and curious.

I love your personality. The way you shrug your shoulders when you talk, use your hands to elaborate a thought, and speak with such passion and enthusiasm.

I love our nightly routine. It's the best time of day to sit and relax and talk to you about your day or your opinions or your thoughts. You still love back and arm tickles too.

I love playing pretend with you. Mommy /baby is a popular one with you and you love being the mommy. It's crazy how much you mimic and sound like me.

I love that you love to give. You make artwork for us or your friends on an almost daily basis. And your "gifts" for your neighbor friend are very generous ;)

I love what an artist you have become. You are getting more detailed by the day and really use your arts and crafts time to focus and work.

I love your outfits. Oh, your outfits! We've gotten to the point where we have surrendered in having a say in what you wear. For the most part, it's presentable, but there are some days where daddy and I look at one another and smirk. You come up with great combinations that you'll only be able to pull off for such a short time in your life, so why not?!

I love you as a big sister. There is no other way that our family should be than it is now. You were just meant to be a big sister to a little brother, it's just so evident and perfect in you guys.

I love how you are singing more challenging songs and make up words. We all do it, it's just so funny to hear this sweet, little voice singing her heart out and coming up with random words to fill in the blanks.

I love your intensity, your passion, your sweet disposition, your sassy side, your love, your caring, your curiousity, your experimentations and your challenges. You keep me on feet, day in and day out. Thank you for that!

Some Favorites, as answered by you:

Favorite color: "Pink" (surprise!)

Favorite movie: "Alexa and Leona" (The Diamond Castle)

Favorite snack: "SunChips"

Favorite song: "Skid-a-ma-rink-a-dink-a-dink"

Favorite subject in school: "Ms. Lindsey's class" (Music)

Favorite activity: "Painting"

Favorite hobby: "Going to the mall" (uh-oh!)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!! xo