Thursday, October 14, 2010

The "AVA" Pumpkin

We were outside hanging out and "stickering" our pumpkins. I went over to check the mail and came back to Ava spelling her name on her pumpkin. Now I know it's not a hard name to spell and she's known how to spell it verbally for a long time, but it's the first time she has picked out the letters to spell it. She just has not been interested in learning her letters, whatsoever. She'll tell me, "I don't want to do this right now" if I start talking about letters.

So this was an exciting discovery for us both! She was very proud.

She asked me how to spell "Mommy" for the other one and we worked together to get "MOM".




1 comment:

Brittany and Brian said...

Yeah Aves! You know I so identify with this (though lately there's been a lot of interest, so maybe there's hope for both of us!) :) She's a doll!