Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things I love about my newborn- the first few weeks

I love your grunts and moans...in your sleep, when you eat, and when we hold you.

I love what a good burper you are (geez, there's a " You know you're a mom when..." moment). I didn't have a good burper the first time around and it makes burping so easy.

I love what a snuggle bunny you are. Again, not a real snuggler the first time, so when you melt into my chest, I melt.

I love how hard I've fallen for you. You fit in perfectly in our little family.

I love having both a boy and a girl. I have so much love for you both.

I love when you sleep on my chest. Your warmth and sweet baby breath is precious.

I love when you get mad in a matter of seconds flat. Your little bottom lip sticks out and quivers and your cry actually makes me giggle.

I love your little quirk that you share with your sister, the crooked pinkies. We have no idea where it came from, but they make me smile.

I love watching you try to focus on your sisters face when she is loving on you.

I really do love and cherish having a newborn again. It's amazing, the whole experience.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this post!

SpunkyToes said...

Oh what a perfect list!

Keri said...

Megs,
You sound SO good. Cannot wait to have the stars align one day and actually get to catch up!
Sending lots of love your way...
Mwaah!
Ker

Unknown said...

What a sweet list. It is making me very excited about meeting our new little one in a few days!