Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Baseball Game

For Father's Day 2009, we hung out, went swimming and went to Ava's first AAA Baseball game. She had such a great time running around, riding the pony, playing on the playscape, jumping in the bounce house, eating all the junk food, and cheering for the team. She would yell, "Everybody stand up!", and when mommy didn't stand, she said, "I need you to be a good listener to Ava, please".

Oh, and a scary story. Ava and daddy went to go walk around for a bit. Mommy was sitting and people watching on our blanket in the shade, not really paying attention to the game, when someone shouted, "HEAD'S UP!". I look up and see the game ball coming RIGHT towards me. I dive to the other side of the blanket and cover my head. The ball ends up hitting the guy behind me in the leg. Good thing Ava wasn't around and good thing my head didn't get between the ball the the guys leg, which it would have if I hadn't of moved. Yikes!

We had such a great evening and have decided that we definitely need to frequent more games.















2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

What a fun event!

Kelly said...

we love those games!