Friday, June 13, 2008

The Queen and her Throne

I made a purchase yesterday that made me a little sad. I bought Ava's first big girl potty. I'm so not ready for this.

I DO NOT want to start the potty-training process, and most likely, I won't yet. But, I had to play into her curiousities about the potty. She has been going to it when we talk about going "pee pee" and "poo poo". She is kind of obsessed w/ our toilet.

So, I decided to take the first step and just get her the potty to get used to it and feel a sense of ownership for the potty. Last night, when daddy came home, we made a big production about "Ava's new potty" and showed it to her. She took it all apart and put things in it for awhile. According to what I've read, that is just fine. We want her to just get acclimated to it and feel comfortable with it. She even helped me decorate it with stickers. She loves having the kitty cats watch over her. Who wouldn't??? Weird.

We have no intention of starting potty training just out of pure laziness. I don't mind diapers and I don't want to have to deal with accidents and having to pull over to find a bathroom just yet. The child is only 15 months old. Whew!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love it!!! Maybe she'll just train herself??? :)

Megan said...

Great idea! I love how you made it her potty.